Project 365 and Crafty Blog: go here.

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Washing Chistmas


I actually enjoyed doing a load of dishes today! Don't faint, I know it's a miracle. I was washing some of the fun things I received for Christmas. Things like the new dishes my brother picked out, I'm now the proud owner of Corell wear, and yes it excites me. My mom found me a set of silicone bake wear including an 8" cake, bundt, bread & cupcake pans, spatula, brush and some pot holders. She also found a set of 18 silicone cup cake liners, a rainbow of colors. Santa brought me a cupcake pan in the shape of a car, very fun for upcoming birthdays. I was actually a little giddy as I was opening all the packages and putting them in. Now if I only had a reason to use all these wonderful new pans. It really goes against the diet to randomly bake cupcakes, just to see how they work. Hmmm, only 3 months until #1's Birthday. Luckily I also have my new "Mammoth" (fuzzy) Crocs to enjoy until then.



After a 3 week hiatus the cloth diapers were pulled back out of the bin. This transition has not been near as awful as I had originally thought it might be. It's addictive finding the new designs and styles, also getting expensive really fast. It's weird that I can lust over pants like these. But it's been a fun journey. This is also the only way that #2's pants will stay up with all the extra fluff on the butt. Let's just hope this is a problem he has for a long while, a skinny butt! So wish my dryer luck, as it already takes 2 hours to dry one diaper load!



We also found the joy of a water bottle with 1/2 an inch of water. To a 17m old, this is the best toy ever! Oh and the happy dance he did when I finally opened it and let him drink, you would think we just walked through the gates of Disneyland! Good times.







#1 and I also built a wooden car from a kit he was given for Christmas. He loved it and so did I. Of course DH wants one now too that he can build and paint.







And the day is never complete without a few scrapes and some blood! #2 was chasing #1 and down he went, face first onto a plastic tub of books, the corner had been broken off so it was nice and sharp. Said fall resulted in a nice scratch across his cheek and a cut to the inside of his upper lip (I think), it was hard to see because he wouldn't let me touch his face. So some cuddles later he was fine, his shirt is probably ruined but that's what happens. Then not 10 min later he fell face 1st off the couch onto afore mentioned wooded car, nice "L" shaped cut to the forehead to show for it.

He's now sleeping soundly, after more cuddles and getting to play in his hoodie blanket. Oh if it could always be that easy to be happy.





3 comments:

kh said...

Lucky- I want some of those fuzzy crocs!

Anonymous said...

The pants are too cute! Not cute enough to go to cloth diapers, you understand, but cute!

Have you started your new workout?

Andrea said...

Yeah the pants will run you about $130-230, crazy ass mamas!

I did start my workout yesterday, and proceded to give myselft two monster blisters, damn shoes. So I'm backing off it today and hopefully I can put enough padding on them tomorrow to make it through. My legs are definatly tight though, cardio was an incline challenge on the treadmill where you go up then recover while increasing your speed in intervals. It's supposed to be 45m & I made it 35 because my heals were screaming at me to stop.