Tuesday, April 29, 2008
Oh and just to thank you for your complete and unparalleled awesomness, I'm tagging you for a meme. Heh.
Pick up the nearest book.
Turn to page 123.
Post the 5th sentence.
Tag 5 other people
I'm lame and don't have 5 other bloggy friends to post to, but I'm going to uphold my side of the deal and post.
From the WW cookbook, because I'm lame about books right now:
With a slotted spoon, transfer to a paper towel; discard the liquid. (Corn & Bacon Chowder recipe)
Yes, I'm board, and I know, I'ma dork!
Monday, April 28, 2008
Happy Birthday to Jen!
I love it when birthdays roll around and I'm able to do something for someone I love. I know that Jen is currently working on getting a garden going, so I wanted to contribute by making her some name stakes. They turned out cute and I hope she loves them.
The fronts: The brown paper slides out so you can write the vegetable or fruit on it.
So that was my weekend project! I need to do more projects, or just finish all the ones sitting in the drawer.
Wednesday, April 23, 2008
Saturday, April 19, 2008
- Keith has been in a pissy mood since Fri. It's obnoxious and annoying when he gets like this. I think most of it had to do with not getting the house and not having the best of hours at work. He pouted from the time he was home yesterday, then finally left for about 3 hours on a drive in his brothers BMW, pouted all morning as well. Get over it dude! We're still poor and we still don't have a new house!
+ We went to an kid's art day today for a family field trip. The boys were able to make some fun things; masks, chicken puppet, watercolor painting, bracelets and a bag to carry it all in. Plus it was a school thing, so I got hours.
- Tried to go to an open house that I saw, listed in more than one place, and it wasn't open. No one in site! We walked around the house because it's empty, and it won't work because there's no RV/extra parking, but still. If you post it you, had better be there!
+ I was only able to spend about $50 at the grocery store today, but I did it! I bought some healthy food and we will be fed for the week. We are mainly eating from the pantry and freezer, but we'll make it work!
- I'm very crabby and so are the kids today, we have been back and forth most the day. Luckily Ty will be in bed in about 15 min, followed closely by Cody. Then I have time to chill for a while.
+ Our racing friend called and took Keith away for the rest of the day. They went to a race in Redding, he didn't have to pay, and I don't have to watch him pout and sulk. Yay for Jamie!
+ We are looking at 4-5 more houses tomorrow with the realtor, so maybe we'll come across another gem.
-/+ I have a ton of sewing I need to get done. If I can get my booty in gear I probably have a significant amount of money sitting in my sewing drawer. But I'm being lazy and not getting too it.
- My house is a sty again. The dining/office/kitchen area needs to be cleaned desperately, but I haven't been up to it. I did clean the kitchen counters and loaded all the dishes, so it's a start. Maybe tomorrow.
+ Jelly Bellys make everything better!
Friday, April 18, 2008
So we're on the hunt some more. Nothing is looking as good to me, but it will come. I'm struggling with location now. I'll find something but it's farther out than we were thinking, so I don't know if that would be any better a situation than we are in already. So we drove by some more today and will maybe go look at some of them on Sun, so here's to hoping something looks good.
Stupid people with more money! Probably some contractor that's just going to flip it, jumping the price up past our budget.
Thursday, April 17, 2008
Today was our April field trip for school, a morning at the ice skating rink. It was a lot of fun, the kids all had a great time and nobody got hurt! Here's our morning in pictures, followed by a video of Cody on the ice.
Balancing after putting on the skate for the first time.
There he goes!
Doing laps in the center of the ice.
Playing in the snow pile.
Breaking for a snack.
See, I skated too. And no, I never fell!
(Don't mind the conversation, one of the dad's was trying to make small talk, blah, blah, blah!)
Cody did really well as you can see and I think this is going to be our new favorite thing to do. They also have a sled that I can rent to push around Tyler, so we can all go and have a good time.
Wednesday, April 16, 2008
Monday, April 14, 2008
We are putting an offer in on a house that we all really love today. I'm excited but trying not to get my hopes up because it's fairly saute after, but we are laying down cash, so hopefully we have an advantage.
Wish us luck, I'll post more about it if anything materializes.
Saturday, April 12, 2008
Somehow, one of these days, I'll turn this into some money. I'm still trying to work out the details, but watch out, it may come sooner than I think.
Thursday, April 10, 2008
Here's the rules:
1. Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog.
2. Share seven facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3. Tag seven people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
Okay so 7 facts of me:
1. I pretty much like all the moms at preschool, with the exception of a couple. I don't like most the kids at school, with the exception of a few.
2. My heart truly melts every time one of my boys makes the other laugh, that is the sweet sound in the world.
3. I miss my mommy.
4. For being a "car gal" I'm not the smartest when it comes to cars, I probably know more than a lot of people, but don't know as much as I should. Ratios and intricate things are way above my head.
5. I'm very OCD with the way I eat snacks, especially colored candies. It's a weird little thing and am truly upset if someone messes with my system.
6. I'm a TV junkie, I have way to many shows that I follow. Most the time I wish I could be in that world.
7. I really want to be in a choir again. I miss the music I used to sing.
Okay, so now I have to find some people to tag. This is going to be a challenge!
(See told you I couldn't totaly full fill my end!)
Tuesday, April 8, 2008
Here's a few more shots from the night, lots of dancing and fun!
Friday, April 4, 2008
Then after finally getting home from our adventure, I spent some time cleaning it. It was filthy, and need a good wipe down. So out came the Armorall, Windex and the shop vac. It looks a billion times better and I can't wait to see it after Keith takes it to the car wash tomorrow (ie: Niello).
Yep, weird, I know.