Project 365 and Crafty Blog: go here.

Friday, January 4, 2008

Thar she blows!

Okay weather guys, I'll give you props. You predicted a big storm and it actually happened. Power is out all around, DH was home by noon because of it, trees are down and there are pools of water everywhere. You also rubbed it in by broadcasting it All Day Long! There was no Today show for me to watch, I had to turn to the Internet to get my daily fill of Britney drama. Enough already!

We did pretty well for being couped up in the house for the 2nd day in a row.
There was a lot of good times had with only a laundry basket and blankets. The trains were spread from room to room, and a few cars as well.








I was good mom and taped a Nemo coloring poster to the wall so the boys could do something new. #2 took a nice long nap while #1 read books and cuddled on the couch. It was good.



I was proud of the boys tonight. After the storm had calmed down we decided to go to Barnes & Noble to get out of the house for a little bit. We had "the talk" with #1, when it's time to go we go without a pout or fight. I said a silent prayer that #2 wouldn't make a huge scene as it was time to leave the train table. So we went back and played. There was another little boy there, age 2 according to his mom. They had come to play and read books because there power was out and not returning anytime soon. The 3 played very well for quite some time and another couple came with their kids. I started the bribe of a snack if we left, nothing specific, just hoping it would ease the upcoming battle. With this #2 proudly yelled "nack!" back to me, and continued to play. #1 decided he was done about then and I started to round up #2. DH walked up about that time and #2 again yelled "nack!," dropped his train and we were off. I was so happy to not have to walk through the store with the screaming child. Last time, about 2 weeks ago, this was the case. In turn I was bright red and hot by the time we reached the front of the store and he screamed until we got back to #1's school. So there's hope.


Wish me luck, I have a large cookbook to go through before tomorrows shopping trip. I will make this work!

2 comments:

kh said...

I have to add that the laundry basket is a hot item in my house too.

Anonymous said...

Way to go #1 and 2! Wait, that didn't come out right...

Isn't it bliss to not struggle with them? I had to drag Missy Hoohaw out of Winco yesterday, screaming and yelling about brownies. Fuuuun. Luckily hubs was there to share the joy.