Project 365 and Crafty Blog: go here.

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

A day at preschool, followed by a hair cut

Ah, preschool. Lots of fun and work and frustration all in one neat little package!

For it being so rainy and cruddy out today, we had fun at school. We played with the trains, blocks, puzzles, learned about the letter "n," made snowmen out of paper bags, play dough, sang some songs to an awesome late 70's/early 80's record, listened to some stories and counted the days until we return. I do love preschool. I love the friends we've made and the time it gives us together. I love watching the little girls (and #1) play dress-up and act out their always changing scenes. I also love the random things that come out of the mouths of 3-4 year olds. The way they interact with each other, good and bad. It's always interesting to spend the day at school. Here's our day in pictures:

Tangles for Kids:
We also went for hair cuts today, the boys that is. Our friends went to this great kids cut place, Tangles, and we went to try it out because they have $10 Tues. Yay for us! They have video games to play while you wait and while you get your hair cut, lots of toys and two old go-kart things to climb on and pretend to drive while you wait. We were having a good time waiting for the 6 cuts in front of us. #2 went 1st, I sat him on the chair and he preceded to freak and almost fly out of the chair into my arms. So we decided that it would be best if I hold him, so I got a nice cape and we sat back down. He's still freaking out, so he got his sucker early. Cool, happy boy. Then he brings out the clippers, I okayed it, and we precede to freak again. He went quick and by the end, #2 was fine. He sat happy as a clam, eating his sucker while he used the scissors. I was covered in fine, blond hair, but he looks good!
In the middle of #2's cut, a chair opened for #1, so after a short chat with the stylist, off he went. He did really well, because he also usually freaks a little at the site of the clippers. So he also sat in his chair, a bucket of toys in his laps and winced as she cut his hair.
I'm happy with their cuts, will try to get the same stylist for both next time as #2's cut is better than #1's. So here's the pics!
Before


Notice the birds nest on the back of #2's head, it was like this most days.


After:






And I was a good fish mommy today and moved him, after cleaning his bowl, to a higher, safer place. After a week of getting various things dunked into his bowl, including his whole container of food, I finally got off my butt and did something about it. #2 has a fascination with the fish, understandably, but likes to touch way too much. So there you go, loyal golf fish, enjoy your new space!

3 comments:

kh said...

Not bad for a rainy day at good ol' FO Preschool :)

kh said...

Everytime I see Tyler he looks like Kyle! Especially on that truck thing with the pacifer....

Anonymous said...

Lookin' good, #1 and #2.