Project 365 and Crafty Blog: go here.

Monday, June 11, 2012

New camera.....

So excited!  I was able to go pick up my new camera today from the UPS customer service. (After they tried to deliver it twice while we were out) A Canon Power Shot SX40 HS which is a big step up from the regular point and shoots I've had.  It's not a DSLR, but it's just a step down. 


 I can't wait to take it on our Santa Cruz/Monterrey trip in a few weeks to see what it can really do.  First I'll spend some time playing at swim and gymnastics tomorrow. 

Here's some playing around in auto from tonight.  








Playing with the zoom while sitting on the couch...


 Not crystal clear, but impressed that it would pick these small photos up.

I haven't cracked the manual yet to learn more about auto setting, so we'll see how that goes.  I see some photography classes in my future so I can figure out how to use it to it's full potential. 

No comments: