Project 365 and Crafty Blog: go here.

Friday, September 11, 2009

Why is it so much?

One thing I've learned to love about our school district is that they love to give the kids time off from school. This year, they get 10 days off around Thanksgiving, Yes that was TEN days. So being that we have such an awesome amount of time, I'm thinking it would be a good chance to go see the family and friends in Boise.

Why in the crap does it cost so much to travel? Seriously!~?!?!!?? UGH!
Also, Amtrak needs to connect their train back to Boise, no train then bus, just a train!

So needless to say, I've been trying all kinds of different combos and it's just outrageous. That or I missed the sale that was going on two days ago. LAME!

So I've tried flying to Boise, then coming home to Reno and riding the train home, the next day.
Train to Portland and fly to Boise, then the same way home. Good option, except the cheap flight leaves 40 minutes before the train arrives, plus there's that 2 day to get there, then 2 days home.
I've tried routing the airplane south then north, way north then south, east then west, nothing is coming out quite right.

Hints, anything? Every time I think I have a good combo it still adds up past $700, usually around $750.

I know a lot are probably saying just drive dork. That would work out if the weather holds, then it would be a $300 trip, but I can't count on it to stay nice that time of year over the mountains. And the Jetta is only so safe in the weather, rain okay, snow, not so good.

Helpful hints are greatly appreciated.

No comments: