Project 365 and Crafty Blog: go here.

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Tyler's 1st Day of Preschool...

Today was Tyler's first day at the new preschool. We were both excited and both a little nervous about things. We had many discussions over the last few days that he started school this week, "At my pweeskool?" he would say. Also talking about how get got to go by himself, like Cody does everyday.
Backpack on and ready to go.

In front...

Ready to go in!

We walked in and found his cubby, put his bag down and he was off to explore.
This is how I left him.
"Bye Buddy!" I said
"Okay, bye mom." and he was back to his truck.
Well, okay then.

Here is what he told me about his day:
Did you like school?: "Yeah, I got to play with other big kids like me."
What did you play with?: "Pirate Ships! Dey haf 2 like ars do!"
Did they read any stories?: "Yeah, Da Little Mouse at school one." (I saw this book sitting on the front desk, "Little Mouse's 1st day of School."
Did you sing any songs?: "Yeah, we did the Hokie Pokie!"
What other games did you play?: "Marshmallow Bingo, we eated one, it was BIG and squishy, and it was full." (I think it made him full?)
What was for snack?: "Umm, apples and juice and wa-der, and special crackers."
Did you play with the animals, or feed them?: " No, no one got to. The snake was having wa-der, but she didn't drink it." (I don't know either)
Did you find the potty?: "Yeah, there's two of dem, a big one and a little, tiny one (pinching his fingers together to show little) and it has stairs, two stairs!"

I arrived and they were all outside playing, here's his cubby/basket, full from the day.

This is how I found him...

Showing me the snake before we left.
I spoke with one of his teachers and with one of the moms that stayed and it sounds like he had a great day. His teacher said he did great and they didn't have any issues. He was quite, which I expected, but answered questions when asked. He sat at story and sang songs during circle time.

I dropped Cody off with Grandpa so he could do some cool things so Tyler and I went out for lunch to celebrate his first day.

So glad that things went well and that he let me leave. I wasn't sure he would, but he did great! Yay for starting preschool!

1 comment:

Gramma Douglas said...

Sounds like he had a Wonderful day!! He so loves being a"big kid" and the pictures are great. Hugs from Gramma & Granpa Douglas