Project 365 and Crafty Blog: go here.

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Shower, what shower?


On my way home from housing adventures today I hear this from the back seat:

"Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, aallll the way! How much more fun da nanann naann HAY!"


Cody has latched onto Christmas carols, it's funny and annoying all wrapped up in a neat little package!




Today was slow starting and productive in the end!


Cleaned the shower doors. (Oven cleaner did the trick! Thanks Mom!)

Then I put a sample patch of paint on the walls, in the end we will have 11 different colors including the ceiling and moldings! No wonder my FIL is freaking out!
10 of the 11 Colors from Home Depot














Some how I managed to forget the red in the living room, but it turned out great. There is also a crazy bright green in the boys' bathroom, it will look great with the space border and shower curtain.

Jen was able to come over this afternoon and reassure me that I had made good color choices; the red wasn't pink, the kitchen wasn't purple, and the green would calm down with the accents. Thank you, thank you, thank you!


Then Rich arrived and he decided that we should take out the back splash in the front bathroom, so we did. We were all afraid of the monsters that we might find behind it, especially after seeing the kitchen, but it wasn't bad. We will do a little patch work around the bottom and put in a new enclosure. Yay,more shopping for me!

Before:

After: Green board already in place. ;)

Rich also drove around the world to find a wall mounting utility sink to install in the garage. This will come in handy when we get to painting, and other things. So that's where I left him, installing the sink.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We can't believe how much has been done since last Friday!!!!! This place is really turning around and boy is it going to be something when it's done. You guys are doing a great job. WOW! WOW! WOW!

Mom and Dad

Malissa said...

Hey Andrea! Good to hear from you! Looks like you are making tons of progress on your place... we seem to be addicted to renovating around here too. I added your link to my page so I'll be back to check for updates! :-)

Anonymous said...

Um, the Christams carols? That came from Katie, by way of Selby. I am so, so sorry.

And the paint looks fabulous. FAB-U-LOUS!