Project 365 and Crafty Blog: go here.

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Freakin' out the in-laws!

Side note... I decided to change the name of my blog, it fits better, it just took a while for me to get to it. Links will be the same because my link is just my name, boring I know!








So we road tripped to Ikea today to get a consult on our cabinet design. We've been mulling it over for the last few weeks, it's been a pain in the booty, but it's turned into a great space, so no complaints. Ikea's measuring guy is coming to the house Sat night to make sure what we have on paper actually fits in the space, if it's not going to work, he'll help us fix the issues. If all goes as planned I think we are going to buy the cabinets Sun/Mon, YAY!





Then we are moving onto the paint colors. There are A Lot of colors. I love it! Not a white wall in sight! See:

So my FIL is freaking out a little, but it's mainly because he admittedly doesn't have much of a mind for design type things. So he's having a hard time with the idea of lots of color. This weekend we are going to go to the paint store and buy the colors, then throw them up on the wall so that we can make sure that they work. I think we should just buy enough to fill up the walls and start painting, but he's moving on a slower pace. We'll hopefully be able to buy paint by Mon to catch the weekend sales, even at the paint store they are having sales.

Anyway, my brain hurts, too much figuring!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YAY! Paint! YAY! cabinets!

Poor Rich, he's coming from a time where going from white to Navajo White was daring. Once he see's how fab it looks, he'll be glad you did it!