Project 365 and Crafty Blog: go here.

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Finally.....

So ever since the bank accepted our offer on the house a couple of weeks ago, we've been waiting for the house status to move to Pending Sale. Finally, today, it did! YAY, no more random people in my house!

I did go sit in the house, alone, to measure the kitchen today. Then I sat there with my Ikea Kitchen planner and went to work. Spent about 2 1/2 hours there with out realizing it! After that I went to Lowe's to price counter tops, found a lovely blue that will match my idea pretty close.
After getting back to my IL's to get the boys, my FIL found that you can plan your kitchen online. So he fired it up and tried to input it, of course it didn't work out the first time. But after getting home, and enjoying some nap time quite, I tried again and figured it out! I was able to put our cabinets in their correct places, the price it with the fronts and handles we like. Way Cool!

I can't wait to get going on this project! I've pretty much got the paint, floors, and kitchen planned. Once the borders arrive for the boys' areas, I can match my colors closer and we'll be ready to go. I'm nuts to want to paint the place on our own, but I hate spending money on things that we can do ourselves.

Now off to work on the bathrooms some more.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HOORAY! I am so excited. Please, please, please let me help you paint!