Project 365 and Crafty Blog: go here.

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Color Help!

After mulling over my kitchen some more I realized that I can't get the affect I'm going for with Formica counter tops. I fell in love with a kitchen at Home Depot, but they are using good Corian/Stone counters, it's a beautiful blue. Formica doesn't have my beautiful blue. So I decided that instead I would go with a creamy stone look on my white cabinets and paint the walls a nice blue. I've had the color for the kitchen picked out for a couple of weeks, but after going back to the store today to find a new counter top color, I'm confused!



Originally I wanted to do a this color scheme:


I love the brightness of the light blue, the cream could go onto the counters and the dark blue could be accents like rugs and towels, it also matches well with my white.


But then after mulling over the counter tops, I thought this might be the better way to go:


More of a steely, grey blue, still has a nice dark blue for accents, goes well with the cream and white.

What do you think?





Then comes the Formica counter tops. I narrowed it down to two, the colors are the same, at least on the samples from the store, online photos area little different. But I can't decide what design will look more stoney and better in general.

Arctic Terra
Pebble Envision

Both of the in-hand samples are more cream than grey, and the first one isn't so dark. But what I'm asking for is the actual design on the Formica.

Please post me comments! Leave them as anonymous and sign your name to the bottom if you don't have an account, and send your friends over.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

MOM says: I like the new blue for the kitchen, it will give it a warm feel. I like the top piece of formica I think it looks more like stone. That's what you get for asking!!!

Anonymous said...

See, I like the bottom, the pebble envision.

What will the new color scheme look like with the red in the living room?

No, you may not hit me when you see me again. I will cry.

Andrea said...

I won't hit you, promise! Besides you are coming to paint, and I asked for opinions!

The new blue will still go with the red, the accent blue/green is in the same color scale as the red.

I like the new blue better. I think I need to get bigger samples of the counter top, as I'm also leaning toward the pebble.

Thanks guys! Now send your friends over for an opinion!