Project 365 and Crafty Blog: go here.

Monday, March 10, 2008

A new jewel....

So as I was eating my breakfast this am, while watching a rerun of Biggest Loser, they had commercials on for a channel/website called Exercise TV. If you have certain cable providers you can simply turn to the station on your TV and do a workout. Hmm, sounds cool, but we don't have that kind of cable. But they have a website. So low and behold, they have full length workouts on their website, for free! YAY!!!!!

I've been a huge slacker for the last couple of months. I can't even tell you the last time I stepped into the gym. I've started to hate the hassle of loading both kids, getting there on time for whatever class, standing next to the ubber skinny mom of 5, and trying to feel good about being there. So I excused my way out of going; my foot was hurt, then we were sick for a few weeks, then there are canker sores, my car is clear out in the garage, the sky is falling, etc.

But this past week I put out some effort and hopped on the bike. It felt good, less confined and the boys enjoyed themselves. So this is the plan for the week. I just finished a toning workout and now I'm going to get dressed and take the boys for a long walk, while Ty gets pushed and Cody rides his bike. They get some sunshine and a little Vit. D, and I get some much needed exercise.

I probably won't give up on the gym completely. I've been planning on going back to water aerobics. It's more fun, the old ladies are a hoot and I can get a tan. Everyone knows that tanned fat looks better than pasty, white fat. So we'll see how that all goes together!

I'm not going to lay out a schedule or anything, but I'm trying to make an easy and doable commitment to myself. Lose some weight so you feel better. Drop a few sizes so you don't get depressed that they don't make the fat jeans in a short. I won't ever be a size 2 or super toned, that would cost way too much money! But I can be healthier and a little lighter on my feet.

No comments: