Project 365 and Crafty Blog: go here.

Saturday, March 8, 2008

Is it so bad????

I've been contemplating something all week, especially after visiting Jen on Tues. Is it really that bad that I've become "that mom?" You know the mom that is ubber crafty, always doing the projects at school, over the top party planing, and whatever else falls into this title.

I'm not really sure what drives it in me but it's there. I get ideas and think it would fun/cute/different/rad to make invitations/art/snacks/gifts/etc. It's truly a sickness, think back to Christmas, a great example. Cody's upcoming Birthday party is also a perfect example. The invites took about 8 hours, cutting out the pieces, putting them together, embellishing, addressing and mailing. Then there was the time spent putting together the goody bags, about another 1 1/2 hours. Then I started working on the t-shirts for the monkeys they are going to stuff during the party (think Build-a-Bear). That was another hour or so. Closer to party day there will be the cookies and snacks to bake and get together. At least I had the sense to move the party time to mid morning and cut out my idea to do lunch.

The funny thing is that I know that no one is going to remember the cool invites or party bags. Cody would be just as happy with the store bought invites and everything that goes with it. Simply inviting his friends to the park, having a treat and throwing in some balloons would be great. But, no, I can't do it. It's a mental thing for me. I have the ability, therefore I must use it.

I worry that it's too much. That people think I'm trying too hard. I often feel like I'm trying way too hard to fit in. Feeling like it's Jr High all over again. So I guess we all fall into our places eventually, or we die trying to find that place.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No. It's awesome. I am insanely jealous and wish I had that kind of talent, but honestly, my talent is more in the writing vein.

Yes, Cody doesn't know any different now, but someday he wii, especially when he has his own kids. It does matter, just like cooking dinner and reading them books.
That being said, I reserve the right to hate you when you've done something amazing. Just know I think you're totally cool.