Project 365 and Crafty Blog: go here.

Saturday, March 15, 2008

Longing for Davis.....

Ahh, beautiful, crunchy, hometowny, and lovely Davis, CA.


We had a family field trip today to a children's museum/science center today. The boys had a ton of fun with lots of things to touch, feel, and manipulate. There was a section upstairs totally dedicated to water and marine life, so Ty was in heaven! Cody's favorite was the race car track that you could change around.









While in Davis we were able to visit a lovely baby & kids store that sells a lot of specialty things and has a nice supply of cloth diaper things. They have some of the coolest things; bags, clothes, shoes, toys, random baby things! So I was able to pick up some more diaper liners and swim underwear/diapers for the boys. I was super excited to see that they carried the iPlay swim line, reusable swim diapers and gear. So no poo in the pool from my boys!
We walked around the downtown area for quite a while. Found the Togo's and the three of us shared a sandwich. Then walked around some more and found an awesome yogurt place. It was frozen yogurt, but more natural that TBCY, fresh fruit toppings, and Cody got his M&M's. It was delicious and I would make another trip just to go there!
I love going to Davis. I truly wish I could live there, transplant a bunch of family and friends and run with it! There were more bikes that cars on the road, lots of friendly faces and cool places to just sit and relax. I'm sure the cost of living is ridiculous, but there is as bus that runs between there and Sac, so Keith wouldn't have to drive the commute every day! Perfect!
Ya, Ya, then monkeys will fly out of my arse! But hey, a girl can dream!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've never been in Davis proper, only to things along the freeway. I think it's time to explore it a little.