Project 365 and Crafty Blog: go here.

Thursday, February 28, 2008

What happens when the kids are away....

Wed was kid free for most the day. They spent the day at Gma & Pa's; playing out side, eating lots of food, napping and back outside. All in all the perfect day for a toddler and preschooler! I spent the day working on Cody's party invitations and goody bags, and a couple of other random cards. Yep the whole time they were away, minus a 40 min lunch break. So I put my self into my scrapbook cave:

Wrapped nicely in my nest with all scrapbooking supplies surrounding me I succeeded in getting everything cut out so I could move onto the next step. Cody's party is pirate themed, so I cut out pirate ships, flags, scenes and pirates for 9 invites. Here are the base models, pre-embellishment and shading:
It was time well spent, but it was a large chunk of time. Now of course you'll have to wait for your invite to see the finished project. But for a teaser, here is one of the other cards that I made. It's for one of Cody's preschool friends that just became a big sister:
There are a lot of little details you can add so that plain paper becomes something really fun! The invites and bags still need to be assembled, but it will get there!
Now if I can finish organizing and tagging my things for the Just Between Friends, JBF, sale that's in a couple of weeks I'll be happy! Only about 2 hours of work left, so I can't complain too much.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wicked cute. I wish I had your patience and creativity.