Project 365 and Crafty Blog: go here.

Monday, February 11, 2008

Monkeys, Tigers, and Trains!

The big boys went to do some car stuff Sun, so it left Ty and I to find something to do with ourselves. After contemplating things and realizing everything cost so much, I settled on the "little zoo" in Folsom. So off we went, just the two of us. He's getting very good about holding hands, so I decided to brave it with out his monkey backpack because I only had one to watch.
We went in and we walked all around the zoo. He had a great time, spotting the animals, making noises at them, and Oohing and aahing at everything. Then every few minutes we would hear the little train go by, so we would stop and listen, then we could move on.
After the zoo we went over to the little train and waited in line for our tickets, he was excited. We watched the train go back and forth and he was pointing more and still very excited. So it was our turn to get on and we took our spot and he wasn't so excited any more. But he sat next to me and we waited for the train to go. Once we were going he sat fairly quite with one hand on the rail and one hand on my knee. Finally after we had gone around the 1st loop, he started saying "choo-choo," very quietly and a small smile appeared on his face. He was ready to get off when we stopped, but I think he had a good time.
After the train we walked back to the car and we talked.
"Did you like the zoo?" I asked
Nodding his head yes
"Did we ride the train?"
Vigorously nodding yes
"Did you have fun?"
Blank stair
Hmm conversations with a 17 month old.

No comments: