Project 365 and Crafty Blog: go here.

Saturday, February 9, 2008

An evening at La Feista

My brother came to town for the week and we decided to go out to dinner, Mexican as usual. Now it's a brave endeavor to go out with a toddler and preschooler, but we were out numbering them tonight at 3 adults to 2 kids, so the odds were on our side. They were busy, of course it's Sat. night, but the wait wasn't too bad. This also marked potty stop #1 for Cody, so DH trekked him up and back down the stairs to the bathroom. We were seated and discovered Ty needed to be changed, so once we were able to order, I trekked him up and down the stairs to the bathroom. Our service was very slow and shoddy tonight, wonderful when you have two little ones to entertain. Lucky for them, Ty showed his appreciation of the long waits by moving all his crushed chips to the floor, and later, a bunch of his rice. So after a bit of coloring, and throwing said crayons on the floor, Cody had to go again. Up and down the stairs again we go. Our food finally came, short Cody's of course, but we trudged along with dinner anyway. Before his food arrived he needed one more potty break, so lucky me, up and down we go again. His food had magically appeared when we returned, gotta love that! We finished dinner, Ty played with his food, making a huge mess, and Cody picked at his, eating mainly the fries. I realized in all the trekking to the bathroom, I had yet to go, so one last trip I made.
By this point I was exhuasted, my foot hurt from all the up and down and I'm stuffed.
Luckily we all made it home in one piece, the little ones are in bed and us big kids are playing on our computers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I console myself by knowing we are saving money by not eating out. Missy Hoohaw actually is doing pretty well, but Big Red? Holy terror. Complete holy terror.