Project 365 and Crafty Blog: go here.

Saturday, February 2, 2008

Another Mama Hero....

I wish I could nail down an idea that everyone loves and that I could produce at a semi rapid pace! (Da, who doesn't?)
Since the middle of last week there has been a buzz on my cloth diapering boards about Goodmama Diapers, specifically her fitted diapers. They are truly scrumptious, especially when she does printed fabrics. She makes a diaper that has an adjustable rise so it fits newborns up to 30+ lbs babies. She is getting $33 per diaper, or a dozen for $365 (OMG!). She randomly stocks her sight, a couple time as month (like this past Friday), and they are gone within minutes! Oh to find the niche!

I've had to back away from the boards, because I want one! BAD! They are supposed to be extremely absorbent, soft and the fit is great. Instead I used a little tax money and bought 4 diapers for the $33 dollar price tag and will love them just the same!

I'm trying to reconvince myself that I love cloth. I think the problem is that I don't love prefolds, the flat kind you have to fold then pin (or use a really cool snappi). This is the cheapest way to CD, although like everything in life there are "designer" prefolds! So in a move to love it, I'm trying to sell half of my diapers and buy some fitteds. Fitteds that I am getting right now are like these, a lot like using a regular paper diaper, then you stick a cute cover, like this or this, over the top. It's easy and even DH simple, if he'd try!

But it's addictive. There a the wool cover and pants that get you into a whole other realm, way too rich for me. Buy I'm happy with my soon to be updated stash, even excited to try a couple of new things I have coming.

Now if I could just get this kid to sleep at night, life would be grand!

No comments: