Project 365 and Crafty Blog: go here.

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Christmas Traditions...

As we go into our 7th Christmas as a family, little traditions are starting to pop up. I forget about a lot of them until it's time and they happen, less stress that way! For the last few years some of the traditions have included the family trip to cut a tree, walking around the awesome light displays of Dove Wood Ct, opening the advent calendar each afternoon and going to the Holiday parade in old Fair Oaks.
Another that I finally caught us up on this year was a photo ornament for each boy. When Cody was a baby I found cute pre-decorated ornaments from the store. Then we started getting the wooden ones from the craft store that you can decorate. Cody has done his own the last 3 years and Tyler the last two. After looking through, I realized 2006 was skipped, so more ornaments were bought and decorated to fill in that year. So as of last night, our set is complete and current.


Off the top of my head, there's only a couple of traditions left to do this season; pass out goodies to our dear friend and teachers and make Santa his special cookies on Christmas eve. But as mentioned before, I'm sure I've left something out.

What are some of yours?

1 comment:

The Hairista said...

The ornaments are adorable, Andrea! My kids and I started a new tradition this year and I hope we can continue it out through the years. We went and picked out 1 ornament for our tree together. Which doesn't seem like a big thing, but the girls love it! ☺ On Christmas Eve we are starting yet another tradition with my mom, we are going to make a Gingerbread house and homemade candies/cookies for Santa!

Happy Holidays to you and your family! I am sorry I missed it while you were here.

xoxo,
Katie♥