Project 365 and Crafty Blog: go here.

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Oh where has my little dog gone.....

Yay me! I've finished the boy's Halloween costumes. I nice check off the to-do list. Here's our Trick-or-Treat preview.....


Ty's is a one piece (not a dress, just big!) and Cody's is a sweatshirt/pants set. Cody's was an easier project by a long shot. On his I only had to alter the hood slightly to make it tighter to his head, then hand sew on the ears, tail and spots (felt to keep the edges from fraying). The collar is sewn on to the back on one end, then wraps around and secures with velcro.

Ty's costume use to be a woman's hooded shirt. So there was altering of the sleeves, making the hood smaller, cutting the bottom into legs and sewing velcro to close them into pants. Then the same hand sewing and collar as Cody's

They love them and were excited to try them on this morning, YAY! They are now nicely hung in my sewing closet so as to keep them nice until the big day.


Better get back to the craft table, it's screaming at me!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

SO CUTE! As always, I bow to you. You rock.

Anonymous said...

They are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Cute!!!! Great job! MOM

Malissa said...

Oh my goodness... those are so dang cute! I'm making my kids' costumes too, but lack your sewing skills which makes everything much more tricky. I need you around so your craftiness can rub off on me!