Project 365 and Crafty Blog: go here.

Saturday, October 11, 2008

A Birthday Present for the books....

Cody has his first birthday party for the school year on Sun, we are going to a new indoor mini-golf place, and I'm super excited! With money being non-existent right now I had to get creative with a gift idea. I thumbed through my Cricut books and decided to try my hand at making a felt story board and characters to go with it. I think it turned out pretty well, homey in a few ways, but neat all the same.
Box and board...
The Cowboy set...
The Knight set...
The Caveman set...
I love my Cricut cutter, it makes cards and gifts a snap. A plain piece of grey paper is cut into the shape of a castle, then using colored pencils and chalk it is turned into this....
Being an Oct. birthday, they played up the Halloween aspect, so here's the card that's going in. I've been looking for a reason to use these!
I'm happy with the way things turned out. He's a super imaginative kid so hopefully he'll like this, being able to create his own thing. Plus it only cost me $1.75 for the box and $0.50 for the felt on the board, can't beat a $2.25 gift!






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just when I start to think I can like you and be your friend, you go and pull something like this. It's a damn good thing I like your company. Seriously, it's adorable and you wow me with this stuff.

Anonymous said...

WOW!! You never cease to amaze me. Dad's pretty impressed too.

Anonymous said...

I never thought to use a Cricut like this - I think it's one of those "duh" moments for me! Very cute! Here's another place to get felt or ideas for it: http://www.funfelt.com
Have fun!
Karen