Project 365 and Crafty Blog: go here.

Saturday, October 3, 2009

Training week 9/28-10/3

Well, another week down and more confident each day!

Tue and Thur were the same; 36 minutes switching between 8 min run and 1 min walk. It felt good and by the 2nd time I felt as though I could go further. Tues was fun because we had Ty's field trip, so as soon as we dropped Cody off he rode his bike and I ran with him, not an easy thing. Thur was back to solo and went much smoother.
For today I was to run for 20 min without walking, then finish off the training with 10 more minutes of running and occasional walking if needed. I knew this was coming and every time I've seen it, I got a little scared and discourage Run for 20 min straight, are they nuts? But today was the day and it went fine! I ran for 20 min, then walked about 45 second as a boost and got back at it, ran some more and took another 45 second break after a couple of hills. Go me!
Starting next week, there are no longer times on my training calendar, just miles, yep, miles in the plural form. I checked and today's run was 1.5 miles, don't do the math because yes, I'm really that slow. So I will have to revise my route and start Tues with a 2 mile jog. Then, step it up to 2.25 on Thur and go from there.
The harvest run is in 4 week and it finally seams like an obtainable goal, it's only 3.5 miles, although hilly, but I run with hills now. I guess I should get off my butt and sign up already!

Now the scale, it's not on my good side at all. When I weighed on Tues it had gone down .5, alright, finally moving in the right direction! Thur it was down another 1.2 lbs, okay, that's a good thing. Then today it's back up 2 lbs, well crap! So, nothing is holding at this point, but at least it's not the 5 lbs swing it took a couple of weeks ago.

No comments: