Project 365 and Crafty Blog: go here.

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Training week 10/5-10/10

Miles people, it's all about the miles...

Tues was the first of the beastly days of millage, starting out with 2 miles of jogging. It went well, only had two small stints of needing to do some long step, leg stretches, so I can't complain. Have mentioned how hilly our neighborhood is, um wow. So I did it, painfully slow at a whopping 40:04 for 2 miles, yep that's would be 20 min miles. But I did it!

Thur was upped to 2.5 miles, same hilly neighborhood, but with a goal to shave some seconds, and it was accomplished. Mile 1 was 19:20, the last 1.5 miles were 29:38, total of 48:58, shaving just over a minute from Tues. Yay, slow but Yay!

Saturday was the big 3 mile day. It went well and seconds were shaved, 1st mile was 19:08 (12 seconds!) the last 2.09 miles were done in 41:02 averaging out to 19:50ish, not quite 20 min.

So I now know that I can put down the mileage needed for the harvest run in a few weeks, hopefully next weekend I can get things together and enter. It's gonna be a slow race, taking over an hour to complete, but I'm excited to start and finish.

After this weeks running, I've set a new goal. I'm still going to keep training, and hit some races in the spring, but I really want to get my mile time down to a respectable time. Not exactly sure what the time is quite yet, probably around 15-16 min, then resume training for longer races, like a 1/2 marathon sometime in the late spring/early summer. I'm going to start searching out a new training program to start in January, and spend Nov/Dec getting a little faster, and hopefully a little lighter.

No comments: