Project 365 and Crafty Blog: go here.

Monday, October 5, 2009

Landscaping and 12 weeks until Christmas!

So Sunday brought some impromptu landscaping. Not really sure why but the rocks were moved and are now all in a cluster. Next move is to put a border around them and fill the area with small landscaping rocks. There are so many roots around the trees that have surfaced that the grass just won't grow, even with the sprinklers worked. After that we'll plan to do some digging and fix the sprinklers, till the lawn up and spread some seed down.
You can see to the right where the rocks were, the bare patches.
The crater left in the front corner from the smaller rock.

Newly clustered.


In other news, it's October which means there are only 12 weeks until Christmas! Last night I pulled out a sewing project that was back shelved last year, due to me trying to chop my finger off with my rotary cutter. I'm getting back on track, making the boys floor pillows for the front room. It's a pieced together top that is a pattern meant as a dog bed, but it's cute and the boys will love them. I'm also thinking they need some super hero capes and maybe eye masks to go with them (I'll have to shop my fabric now while all the costume things are on sale!).

I've also been able to start a small amount of shopping, getting a couple of books for the boys from the 1st book order at school. This year the boys are asking Santa for cameras and scooters, making me a wee bit scared for the financials, but it's working out. With Keith's grandmother passing last month, his mom gave us her camera. It's only about 3 years old and hardly used, super simple and perfect for Cody. Then I was cruising Ebay and found the kids camera for Tyler, one I had looked for at Toys R Us for $50, found a brand new one for $20 including shipping. Score! So half of the major wish list is taken care of.

Hopefully if we can spread it out over the next few months, it will all come together.

No comments: