Project 365 and Crafty Blog: go here.

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Training 10/12-10/17

Side note: I've been a very bad blogger, hope to get better about that this week. Look for another post later about the PJ party last Fri and hopefully some new shots from soccer today.

Ugh, bad training week. The rain through me for a loop and I've felt like crap most of the week. You know, scratchy/sore throat, voice in and out, feeling like an elephant was sitting on my chest, and by the end of the week it was topped of with congestion. YAY!!
So Tues I popped in my dance workout DVD before Ty went to school and we danced for about 1/2 an hour. Thur I really started feeling crappy, so I didn't do anything. So bad this week, we didn't ride our bikes once to school.

But today, Saturday, I got my booty out of bed and hit the road. 3.5 miles around the hood, running most with a couple 15 sec walking breaks to stretch and boost my attitude. The kicker in all this, by taking the week off, I told myself to push and it worked. My average mile time this morning was 18:48, finishing the 3.5 in 1 hour 5.5 minutes.
Last week's 3 mile run averaged out to 19:23 per mile.
Holy time shaving, Batman!

So, this is it, I'm going to sign up for the race this afternoon. I know I can finish it and have two more weeks to get stronger.

Holy cow, gonna go freak out in the shower now.

****Update****
I did it, I signed up for the race, sent my money. Nov 1st, 2 weeks to go!

No comments: