Project 365 and Crafty Blog: go here.

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

What did I do?

Okay Karma, I get it, I did something bad, get off my case!



This is what happened a few minutes before leaving to work on the house today:



Tyler's clothes thingy collapsed. He touched it, but probably with a single finger, the stupid thing was always coming a little loose.

So I walked away and left for later, too much to do today to take care of it in the moment.

This is the worst part of it all:

The piggy bank I painted for Ty for Christmas. I have another one that is ready for painting, bought another for something else, but it still makes me sad. It took a whole afternoon to paint it, the morning before spent searching for fish pictures to get ideas. Damn it!

On the better side of things, the boys got to hang out at G-ma's while I went to work on the house. Should have taken a day for myself, but wanted to get through my list.

~Took the shower doors out to the shed for storage until after paint, along with the closet systems and their hardware.

~Removed all the towel bars and fixtures from the bathrooms, except the lights.

~Removed the baseboards from the hall, entry and both baths. (The rest are out or staying in)

~Finished taking down the window blinds and valance hardware.

~Removed the moldings and closet door tracks.

~Cleaned both the bathroom vanities.

~Took some measurements for random things I'm going to replace.

Yep, busy girl! Also started to spackle the remaining things, but was informed that we would be sanding the walls down, priming, re-texturising before we paint. I knew there would be priming then texture in a lot of places, but FIL said pretty much all the surfaces would be sanded first. So most my efforts from the other day are wasted. Fantastic!

After helping FIL run the remaining wire for the smoke alarms (system is linked so if one goes off they all go off), I went for some window shopping.

First off to Lowe's, my new favorite store. They had everything I needed, didn't buy it yet, but it's there. Found some new lighting for both bathrooms, then about fainted when I realized that to get the light bar, then the covers it would be $85. Not even anything fancy! So that is something that will probably have to wait.

Then more window shopping at Linen's N' Things and Michaels. I've had some projects in mind for a couple of weeks, wanted to see how much it might cost. Yikes, I need cheaper hobbies!

Tomorrow I am taking a me day, the kids are at Gma's and I'm going to see Sex and the City! Yay! How sad am I to be excited about seeing a movie by myself!

No comments: