Project 365 and Crafty Blog: go here.

Thursday, June 5, 2008

Missing my friends....

I took a break from life today. The boys went off to Gma's to play, go to the park, eat a ton of random food, go to the gym and hang out. I spent my time listening to my music really loud in the car, reading a book (Thanks Jen!), eating lunch in silence, and seeing Sex and the City.

I thought I might have to hang out a bit because I was cutting it close to the first showing of the day, but there wasn't a line, or person, in site. The movie theater was empty, 10 min till show time, completely empty. Wow, I'm lame, but I got any seat I wanted! So I pulled out my book and zoned out for a few minutes. About 8 min later a group of 2, then a group of 5, then another group of 2 arrived to see the movie. Ahh, friends, I could cry right then. Yep, got some rad stares, "ahh, poor girl is all alone at the movies," type stares.

Once the previews finally started I was in better mind, I was finally seeing SATC! The first preview was for the Sister Hood of the Traveling Pants 2. I had a lump in my throat the hole preview, to have friends like that.

The movie was fantastic! I could have sat and watched their lives for another 2 hours, didn't want it to end. And yes, I cried. Probably at not real crying moments, but it happened.


For some reason, I'm not the best at keeping friends. Not sure what happens, life gets in the way I'm sure, but it sucks. Since HS, I've had a handful of friends come and go, a good portion due to moving around.
Most that have pressed back have not had reason, or at least a reason on the surface. Those are the worst cases. Walking away, but not ever saying why.
Now, not all my friends have walked away. Jen offered a couple of weeks ago to go see SATC with me, but I had to see it today, I had to get away from my life today. She has been an awesome friend, remember things, offering things, laughing about things, accepting things, struggling with things, and surviving things with me, The Whole Year. Love her for every thing.

I miss girlfriends. Laughing and crying together, going out for a girls night, and just hanging out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think that may be the nature of most friendships. I often wonder about girlfriends that have drifted away, wondering how they are and what they're doing. Even the most enduring friendships have dry spells (Jenny and I have gone years without exchanging more than Christmas cards).

You are such a blessing to me and I truly treasure our friendship!