Project 365 and Crafty Blog: go here.

Sunday, June 29, 2008

The Weekend Update....

We were hit and miss this weekend on the house. Dad and I woke up early Sun to go over to the house for a bit, but realized we didn't have enough ceiling paint to do a whole lot. But none the the less, some paint was put up.

1st coat on the bottom of the boys room. It's looking more awesome by the day! Can't wait to get the border up.

The front bath is primed, now there is a little texture to do, and we can prime/paint. This is my OMG green room, so I may get to paint this one solo!
Other house news includes the fan on the A/C taking a crapper, so FIL is working on that right now. When we worked Sun, we left about 11 and it was only 73 in the house, so can't complain much there. Hopefully it will get fixed soon because I'm sure our cool temps are not going to last.
At the old house, new things are coming about as well. Dad got tired of watching our TV, it blew a tube over a year ago and is super dark on a lot of channels, so we searched through Craigs and found a new one. Pretty and silver! It was about 2 inches too wide for our old entertainment center, so we put together a make-shift set up for now. I have my eye on a stand from Ikea, but probably won't get it until tax time next year.

Then my mom was nice enough to let me use her bread machine for a while. So I finally got the courage and time to try it out this afternoon. I was freaking out a bit because the kneed and rise cycles were taking so long, didn't have the book yet (Found it online after I started), but then it finally turned onto bake mode and we're in business.

Hmmm, Potato break in progress!



So I'll let you know how it goes. Jen gave me a huge bread machine book and marked some of her favorites, so this was an easy one to try out.

Oh, yeah, and just so you know.....
Paint went on sale this weekend at Home Depot. In case you need some....

No comments: