Project 365 and Crafty Blog: go here.

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Block of the Month: Jan & Feb...

For Christmas  I received a gift that will keep on giving, once a month for the entire year.  The finishing kit and monthly blocks to complete a quilt as part as a local Block of the Month.

Here's a finished top from the quilt store, the quilt is called "Rose Garden"
 January's Block is called Lilibet...
 It went together well and even ended up the correct size.

February's block is called "Ballerina"...
 From afar, it probably doesn't look too bad.  Up close, it's a hot mess.  So much so that I'm going to pick up another fabric kit this weekend and do it again. 

Can you see the 1st major issue?
I placed it on top of last months block and there's a nice 1/4 inch all the way around, so it's a 1/2 inch too small on all sides.  Plus a lot of the square just didn't line up, making for breaks in the design.  I wasn't very careful when I started cutting, so I need to do it right. 

Maybe I'll turn my oops blocks into throw pillows.

Anyway, more to come....

No comments: