Project 365 and Crafty Blog: go here.

Saturday, August 23, 2008

The preparations begin....

My littlest one is turning 2 on Friday. (How did that happen?) So instead of working on the closet, or bathroom, or cleaning, or whatever, I started making things for his party. We are having a small celebration on Sat evening, just family, but all the grandparents will be here, so that will make it special. I've realized that his birthday falls at a hard time of year, right in the middle of back to school. So next year we'll plan ahead, either have a friends party at the beginning of Aug or more mid Sep.

Cupcake toppers, his favorite things:
Then there's this awesome paper that will become a key rack. I painted the board to mount it on this afternoon. Now I just have to figure out somewhere to hang it.
Keith was busy today, digging out a spot for the big shed to go. Then he cleaned off the patio so that it's usable for next weekend. Maybe soon I'll invite friends over to visit. Once the closet system is up, probably tomorrow's task, most of the majors are done for now. I'd like to have an open house party, so we'll see, it would be nice to have everyone over at once and get it done.

2 comments:

Malissa said...

Those cupcake toppers are SO cute! Did you draw them?

Anonymous said...

I can't believe he's almost two! Where did the time go???