Project 365 and Crafty Blog: go here.

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Overwhelmed....

Moving day was a success. We had 1 26' U-Haul, 2 Vanagons, 1 Caravan, 1 66 VW double cab, and a Toyota truck with a small utility trailer. All our stuff in one trip, minus the mess of the garage.


We've been settling in the last couple of days, trying to get things put together, finding homes for things, sorting a little as we go. The boys' rooms were the easy part, our bedroom will be too (once the closet system is put together). The office and the kitchen are giving me troubles. The office just needs more shelving in the closet, so it's a money thing more than anything else.

The kitchen needs to be finished so I can really see what I'm working with. I've moved a few things in, put them up and started trying to envision where it should go. I'm out of space. The kitchen is huge and I can't put it together. There is a professional organizer from Cody's preschool, I should call her, but I know we can't afford her. But, it will all come together eventually, I'll stay away from it until the counters are in, and the corner cabinets are finished.

The backyard is also coming together. The boys played on their new slip n' slide and in the pool yesterday, had a ton of fun.





In other good and fun news. Ikea is sending me a $100 gift card. They have a game going in their 2009 catalog, you text a number to them, then the send you 3 questions that you answer by looking in the catalog. It took 5 min, they called for my address today, and the card is in the mail. WHOO HOO! I have to start shopping their website now, or I'll get very side tracked by walking through the doors.

No comments: