Project 365 and Crafty Blog: go here.

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Weekly Garden Update

It's amazing to watch our garden growing and changing so quickly.  I took these pictures yesterday afternoon and I swear that things had changed this afternoon.  Crazy. 


We added a potato planter.  This was a bag from Walmart and it has a velco "trap door" to harvest the potatoes when they are ready.  
 Tomato plant
 Pumpkins: I think the one on the right has two shoots, which I'm happy to see.  I think we planted a few more, but it doesn't look like they are coming up.
 The red leaf lettuce has sprouted in a couple of spots, but hasn't taken off all that great.
 Sunflowers on the other hand are going great!
 Honeydew on Friday.  When I checked it this afternoon the leaves were gone, like something had eaten them.  I can still see the stems coming up, so we'll have to keep an eye on things.
 The strawberries are turning green again, so I think we'll give them couple more weeks before we pull them. 
 A couple are starting to look like this. 
 Watermelon
 Ty's cucumber plant is really growing.  Today it had some twisty vines on the top. 
 Spaghetti squash
 The green leaf lettuce has really taken off!
 All of the corn kernels we planted have now sprouted, awesome!
 Box 1
 Box 2

Can't wait to compare pictures next week!

No comments: