Project 365 and Crafty Blog: go here.

Friday, November 19, 2010

This and That from the week...

Finally a moment to sit and breath! 

~Sunday, Cody decided he was going to organize his Lego's.  He's wanted to do this for some time now but we haven't had a chance to go through his boxes.  It took him a good portion of the day but he did a wonderful job! 
Sorting all his Lego's into colors...
 Which meant all this was emptied out...
 Leaving a project for Mom.  (Notice the not smooth flaps on the bottom of the boxes)
 So I found this in my stash...
 and fixed his boxes so they are more Lego friendly...
 The one set he was able to finish on  Sunday night. 
 So his job now is to built all his Lego sets so we can sort them back out into their own boxes.  Hopefully a certain 4 year old lets him finish his projects without too much issue!

~I've been doing a lot of PTA this week.  It was delivery day for our cookie dough and butter braid orders, joy!  It didn't go all that well, and I came home with way too much dough that hadn't been picked up.  Hoping to rectify some issue before the next fundraiser. 

~Christmas time is right around the corner and I've almost stopped panicking.  I think I have all the gifts planned out, and a bunch of stuff has been bought to follow through with these plans.  Doing a bunch of crafting that hopefully will be appreciated. 
I've also had to tell myself "no" this year.  I'm not doing a bazillion cookie bags/boxes for everyone we know.  It cost too much and I don't need the added stress.  So I'll design a simple Christmas card and have it printed at Walmart/Target. I'll put together small gifts and treats for the boys' teachers and a few poppy seed cakes for some very close friends.  
This is so hard for me not to do a bunch, especially because we'll be in Boise this Christmas.  Trying to think small and less stressful! 

~Tyler had his last soccer class this week.  He has loved this so much and is a good little player!  I can't wait to see what he does next year when he gets to play in the league. 
Skill review huddle....
 Goofing off after getting his jersey for scrimmage...
 And he's off! 
 He loved to tackle the ball, now we just need to get him to push it to the side instead of trying to go through the opponent. 
 Goal!
 and another! 
 Still cheering after every goal...
 Coach told him to stand to the side and ask for the pass, but to let the other boy take the ball down.  He did well at this, not rushing in to take the ball. 
 But when the opportunity came...
 He was excited about his new backpack. 
~Friday is Tyler's feast at school, more to come on that later...

No comments: