Project 365 and Crafty Blog: go here.

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Puzzling...

I've seriously been sitting on this post since Thursday, had it all written out in my head, but just couldn't seam to make to the computer. Lucky you, I'm finally here!


Last week I finally decided to tackle the puzzle mess in the toy room. Two year olds think it's hilarious to dump out puzzles all over the floor. Yeah, real funny. Usually when dumped, it's not just one but 2-5 at a time. So instead of putting them all away, I finally just dumped them into a grocery sack and stacked the boxes to the side. Probably a dumb thing to do, but I was tired of cleaning up the pieces.

So this was the scene Thursday night...


Luckily there's some good TV on that night and I was able to get them mostly sorted and put together to survey the missing piece factor. To my surprise, all the puzzles put together have every piece. YAY!
I'm almost done. There are 2 sets of puzzles that are not finished, the sets look almost identical even though they each have 2 puzzles. So that's still to come. My life is so exciting!

In other random news of the week:
Cody has decided that he can cross the monkey bars all by himself. Shocked the crap out of me last Tuesday when he reached over from the starting point and went across, one bar at a time to the other side and climbed down. He did it 4 more times! WOW!

Tyler can peddle his bike some now too. He did it a little bit at preschool on Fri, then again later over the weekend when we were walking to get our mail. He's not confident yet that it's him doing it, so more practice to come. This is exciting because I won't have to push him!

Music class is also starting to pay off for him. All year in school, he would just sit on my lap and listen to the songs we sang. Sometimes he would get excited over Old McDonald, but only if he had his favorite puppy by his side. This past Friday, he sang all the songs he knew and did all their motions, I was so happy! Now if we can get him to stand up in the morning roll call, he can catch up to the rest of the class.


Yep, that's our exciting life, I know you are all SO jealous! Off to music class and Mommy gets her quite time to jog/walk.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are a far better mother than I am. I would have thrown the whole mess away!