Project 365 and Crafty Blog: go here.

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Late Winter in Boise

Here's the rest of our week in Boise. We did a lot more than I thought we might!

While doing some shopping Monday we drove by a really neat looking park, so the boys made me promise that we would go back. Be true to my word, we did on Tues.



Cody couldn't get enough of this race track thing, I had to make him go run around a handful of times!

Another morning we had a chance to go to the library for story time. The story teller was The Best I've ever seen. The boys had a ton of fun. Tyler and I also went back on Fri morning to do a preschool art time. Once we got there I realized he was probably a little young, but he sat down, listened to the story, cut out paper pieces and glued them on just like the other kids in the room. All the time I was on the outside, peering in through the glass. He looked at me a couple of times and smiled a big smiled and waved.

Thursdays is 1/2 price day at the zoo, so with such nice weather, we took advantage.
Waiting outside to go in, I wish the brotherly love was always present!

They both took many turns down the giant giraffe slide.


I think this is the first time we've ever seen these guys out! You an also go through a tunnel and pop your head through to see them from inside their habitat.




I think the cranes are also new, so cool to see them on their long, skinny legs.
Thursday evening we went to dinner at my brother's house. The kids really enjoyed the time together. They watched most of Space Buddies (what a stupid movie), played outside and inside as well as with Sam the dog.

Friday night Cody and I went to a Steelhead's Hockey game with my brother and his family.
Cody and Cody watching the warm-ups.

Close to the action.


Disagreeing with the refs.

And the Steelheads won!
Sunday night, my brother and his family came over again to have some dinner. The kids had such a great time together, even though there is a bit of an age gap. I didn't get any pictures, didn't want to ruin the moments, but Tyler really had fun with his cousin Ashlee. She sat for a very long time, reading books and playing with him. So sweet.
We headed home early Monday morning and had a smooth trip, even with the sheets of rain that came down by Tahoe. Can't wait, next time we go up we get to fly, at least one way.

No comments: