Project 365 and Crafty Blog: go here.

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Decluttering the Crafty...

The task of the day was decluttering the crafty corner in the office, it's been a mess, with new things arriving for Christmas, and my system not being all the great anyway. So I set out to be productive on this gloomy, rainy day.
Here's how it looked after just getting started this morning, a mess!
This is the finished product. I re-purposed bins and magazine folders I had around the house, then pulled out the label maker and went to town. I moved the small shelves to the other side of the desk to make room for my paper cart. Went through my pink scrappy tote and put all the embellishments (ribbons, buttons, brads, inks, etc.) into my small drawer cube. The things from the small cube were sorted and put into the stripy bins. Now the pink bag is just for cutting tools, pens, pencil and adhesives. The large cube was reorganized, staying much the same except for the paint drawer being put into a bin to make way for big spool ribbons. Cricut things were moved around and now have a safer home.



Shelves before...

After...

The guest bed area was a mess as well, so it was slightly overhauled.


I need to find a home for a memo board, picture and bulletin board (this will probably go in the toy room to start displaying some art. The pile of blue is fleece from an unfinished project that is working as a cover for a ton of pillows that will be worked into projects, hopefully sooner than later. I still have a box problem, but will probably take these out to the shed and let them live there for a while. Good boxes are hard to come by and I hate to let them all go!
So it was a busy day, including 4 loads of laundry, folded and put away, and general breaking up of fights and fussiness brought on by the rain. Maybe now I'll be inspired to work on some layouts I've been avoiding. I have a nice stack of pictures organized and waiting.

No comments: