Project 365 and Crafty Blog: go here.

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Who's kid is this?

We had a field trip to the fish hatchery today, one of our most favorite places! MIL just flew back into town last night and so knowing she would be tired, both boys came along. Ty loves the place, listens well enough, and loves being one of the "big kids", so it all went well. They had the fish ladders open, bring in the salmon to spawn, so that was exciting. It's the first time we've seen the full grown ones, huge I might add, they jumped out of the water, scaring the crap out of us, but it was fun! (4 year old salmon are the same length as most our 4 year olds!)

After that we went to the IL's house to say hello to Grandma Mintie, Keith's G-ma, and see how their trip was. For the past couple of years MIL goes back east and brings here west for a few weeks over the holidays. She's a hoot and we love seeing her.
After a snack from G-pa and a nice melt down from Cody, we were off to get lunch and take some naps. I had planned on this being a McD's day, because it adds to the specialness that is a field trip, so we went ahead.

I was asking Ty what he wanted, and Cody was helping him with his options, mentioning cheeseburger, chicken nuggets or salad. I've never bought a salad from McD's, so not real sure where that came from. But that's what he wanted.
Ty's my more adventuresome eater. If I'm having a salad, and have enough ranch on it, he'll eat it along with me. So I said, what the heck, we'll try a salad. Plus their side salad is cheaper than a happy meal!
I was pleased that he ate most of it, but stopped once he decided to dump his milk out, and into it. So my little Buddha belly boy is at least a healthy eater, even over looking the constant want for M&M's!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

SCORE! I bet Cody saw a picture of the salad on the menu board. He's SO observant!