Project 365 and Crafty Blog: go here.

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Firecracker 10k...

Today I was able to check 10k off my list.

This was a small club style run, with maybe 200 or so runners. It was held down in Land Park, which is beautiful and shady, perfect for a July race.
The start...

Patriotic tie-dye that was made for the race....
I finished in 1:32:55, which in most books is quite slow. It was, however, a new PR for me averaging 14:57 per mile, faster than any other average I've had for a distance over 2 miles.

We all have to start somewhere, and I'm making progress by getting a slight bit faster every week. I've also come to realized that maybe my legs really are that short, because it just doesn't seam like they are moving that much slower than the rest. New things for me to work on for sure.

Like most races, the shwag was pretty cool, lots of new energy bars and treats to try.

Next week is the official start of training for the Urban Cow 1/2 Marathon in October. Can't wait to get started!

No comments: