Project 365 and Crafty Blog: go here.

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Apple Hill Harvest Run

Done, Finished and walked away! Yep, I motivated myself for 3.5 miles around the Apple Hill country side. (And I didn't finish last)

Before it began. It was warm this morning!

Lined up...

3.5 mile crowd...

Off we go!
I knew that the race started uphill, but damn, that was a steep hill. So there was a bunch of walk /jogging going on, probably at least 1/3 of the 1st mile. But it finally leveled off and I was able to find my pace, still slow, but there. First mile was 18:30, second 18:15, and the last 1.5 28:18, for a total time of 63: 03. The average mile time figured out to be 18:001 which is at least 30 seconds faster than anything I've done before.
The end of the race was a nice uphill as well, so walking and jogging part of that until I came around the corner and could see the finish. See here I am still moving.
Rewarded at the end with a cold bottle of water, fresh apples, cookies, apple donuts, energy bars and chips. Then found a nice shady spot to collapse!
The other reward, a cool new shirt.
So my first running race has been completed! YAY!!

Now to figure out what's next.

2 comments:

Stacie and Jared said...

Good for you!! You will now be hooked on races! Any more races coming up for you?

Malissa said...

Great job!! I so want to do my first race after this baby comes. Maybe you'll motivate me. :-)