Project 365 and Crafty Blog: go here.

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Running away...

So I started back into a new running routine this morning. Things went well and it will hopefully get me back into shape.

The first goal is the Sacramento Zoo Zoom on April 11th for a 5K race. My SIL Virginia mentioned it and asked me if I wanted to run with her, more like we'll be running at the same place at the same time, but probably not together. Being all into running this morning, I went ahead and registered, of the non-refundable type. Here we go!

Also keeping along the motivational agenda, I've made myself a goal calendar for the year.

June 6th: Nike Women's Festival 5K
July 3rd: Folsom or Sacramento Firecracker 10K
September 12th: Sacramento Buffalo Stampede 10 miler
October 3rd: Sacramento "Cow Town"(name is changing) 1/2 marathon
November 7th: Apple Hill Harvest Run~not sure what distance yet 3.5 or 8.5 mile
November 25th: Run to Feed the Hungry 10K
January 2011: ALS Association- Roseville 10K

It's doable, really it is. Everything is spaced nicely, with good training intervals between.

So I'll have to start saving now for those entry fees and a new pair of shoes that I'll probably need by May or so.

Send some positive thoughts that my body holds out and hopefully lets go of a few pounds along the way.

No comments: