Project 365 and Crafty Blog: go here.

Monday, June 15, 2009

Happiness in small packages...

Oh, once again, it's the simple things that put a skip in my step. Sunday I received one last birthday gift I hadn't expected, a gift card to the sporting good store from my BIL Stu. HOORAY!!!! Finally able to purchase some much needed new running shoes, leaving no more excuses to get off the couch. YAY!! Hopefully I'll be able to give them a go on Wed.


Why Wed? Well you see, happiness comes in small batches and was shattered a little by the grape jelly.
How could grape jelly ever do anything bad, you may ask.
By tumbling itself out of the fridge and shattering all over the floor.
I guess I didn't get it all swept up as good as I thought and proceeded to step on a chunk. OUCH!
Leaving a nice puncture on the ball of my foot.
Damn it.
So after getting that cleaned up, sitting a spell on the couch so I wouldn't pass out, we were back to lunch time.
So frustrating!

But we did get out this morning for a nice 45 min walk/jog combo. Cody riding ahead on his bike, only slightly frustrated to have to keep stopping. Then I was good and went through my Mon weights plan and some stretching. Yay me.

Another good find at the sporting good store was a single speaker that I can plug my MP3 into. This really excited the boys. We'll figure out how to strap it to the stroller, then we can all hear the tunes as we are exercising.
Cody asked me how he was going to hear the music if he was riding ahead on his bike, very concerned about this. I told him he would have to hang back with us instead.
He told me in the store that he's going to walk and jog along with me from now on, so he can hear the music. Goober. At least he'll be in shape for soccer in the fall!

In other things going on, I braved up last week and trimmed Ty's hair. It's still long, still cute and surfer shaggy, just not so much in the eyes.

Oh the underwear. Yes that would probably be pair #7 of 12 that day. Potty training not going so well. Please give me patience that I can see him through this!

No comments: