Project 365 and Crafty Blog: go here.

Monday, March 30, 2009

Happy Birthday Cody!

Wow! I say this every year, I can't believe your (insert birthday)!

We are having a 4 day Birthday celebration this year, and it's been fun! Friday, my parent's flew into town from Boise to help us celebrate, making the weekend extra special. Then on Saturday we hosted a backyard party for some of his friends. The new house has opened a great door for us, the ability to rent a bounce house. Upon it's arrival and setting up, Cody yells at me, "Mom! It's Ginormous!"


Tyler's response being, "Holey-ga-moly!"
It was beyond cool! A ton bigger than I thought it would be and it had a basketball hoop inside.

A do-as-you-please sort of party, that included the painting sun catchers, making necklace/bracelets, and playing with the racetrack Grandpa built. We also had hot dogs, chips, Jell-o squares and sizzly lemonade. Everything loosely based on a Cars theme.


Another must this year was the pinata. It was hard to find a larger pinata, but when we did, it was a pull string. I was told it would break, but after two round of kids, it wasn't budging. We had Cody pull the strings and it loosened it up, after one of our old brothers gave it a good whack, it finally let loose! I filled it with bags stuffed with goodies, kinda scrooges, but I hate it when one kids hoards all the good stuff!

I think Ty has a lot of pent up aggression, because he was slamming that thing!

After the pinata we sang and had cupcakes.


It was a blast! Once all our friends were gone, we had a quite time opening gifts. I thought we might fit this into the party this year, but everyone was having a good time, no use in stopping. This was the year of the Lego, he got 6 different sets! Needless to say, I'm gonna be busy for a while.

Here's a video of our day.


Monday at school we celebrated with the rest of his class. The celebration included him getting his crown and wand, blowing out the candles on the cake, and getting a book filled with pictures from his friends. It was also his second turn at taking Clifford home, a big Clifford with new books.

Tuesday, his actual birthday, we are heading over to Grandma & Grandpa S.'s for a small celebration, complete with presents, pizza and cake.


Happy Birthday Big Kid!

3 comments:

Stacie and Jared said...

Looks like all that planning paid off!!! It looked like a blast! I can't believe Cody is 4 either. Time flies by way too fast these days.

Katie said...

Looks like he had a ton of fun!! Good planning, Mama!!

Ramona said...

Don't know if I told you this but Mikey had such a fantastic time that he melted down in your front yard as we were leaving. I think he wanted to move in with you.

Great party! Thanks for inviting us.